Clearly I fall into the category with the rest of the nation on this Super Bowl Sunday. Let’s not dwell on yet another Patriots game though and instead eat our feelings. Started downing the margaritas today though to ease the pain.
This recipe will take a little time but it is easy and it is worth it, so if you are wanting to impress your friends or maybe that bitchy neighbor who always one-ups you, I’m telling you, make this recipe.
- 2 Shallots, diced
- ¼ White Onion, diced
- 6 small leeks, white only, sliced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Plus more if needed, but I just put whole milk in to thin it out where necessary because it is a little cheaper than heavy cream and can hold up to the heat.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 wheels brie, skin off and cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 andouille sausages, cooked and diced
- 2 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- Optional: 1 lb crab leg meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Rondeau (should be able to hold about half a gallon
- Mise en Place
- Caramelize your shallots, onion, and leeks then add the heavy cream and reduce until thick (about 4 minutes).
- Add cheese, garlic, and basil. Stir until cheese is melted and add any whole milk to thin out the mixture if necessary.
- Add spinach, artichoke hearts, sausage, and crab.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toast points, wow your friends and family, gain 5 lbs. in one sitting.