Berry Lazy Açai
This recipe is so lazy I forgot to post it. So, weeks later but still relevant, here it is. Don’t be discouraged by the impending colder weather because between frozen fruit and those random 85 degree days, this recipe will have you thinking you’re in Mexico. (Pro tip: If you play Buena Vista Social Club no one will hear your tears mourning the loss of Summer.)
- 1 pack of frozen açai berries (this is the brand I buy from Sprouts Market)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of frozen pineapple or mango
- 1 whole banana
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- toppings (go wild y’all)
- for this summer bowl I used fresh blueberries, raspberries, toasted coconut, honey, and dark chocolate shavings
- based on what is available in October, I’d say reach for banana slices, coconut or granola, nuts, chocolate, and honey
- cutting board
- blend all frozen ingredients and coconut water together. this may take a little time depending how frozen your items are. be patient and just keep blending for your smoothie bowl consistency.
- pour açai mixture into your bowl and top with you’re preferred toppings.
- go conquer your day ’cause ya nailed it.